Monday, August 11, 2008

So Full... Part I

As most good vacations do, this trip has turned out to be all about food. This, of course, much to Leo's chagrin, since he's been working hard with his trainer all summer to be fit for the wedding. Then we go and spend two weeks eating and sitting in a car. My attitude is a little more lax, I'm a hedonist at heart and often think to myself things like, "when am I ever going to be in Portland at a boulangerie again?" Emma, this is for you, we felt donuts were done (and quite well, I might add) by you and Mike, so we went in another direction. Our last meal in Portland looked something like this:

We ate that pastry case, said good bye to Ryan, Mary and Raymond, and to Portland. 

Four hours, and our first and worst bout of traffic, later, we arrived in Seattle. My friend Jerry and his lovely lady Jen took us to a very cool picnic. Their friend Piglet met us there.


The food looked amazing, the wine was amazing, the location was spectacular. It felt like we were in Provence, not down the road from the airport. 

And there was an herb garden, and Chickens!!


Unfortunately, we only sampled the goods sparingly as we had another dinner date on the horizon. More on that to come, hope you saved your appetites!

oxox
Trix

2 comments:

kss said...

JERRY TIDE!!! Man I can't wait to see that guy.

ps. I love chickens.

Emma said...

You are forgiven. Baked goods count.